The Protectorate Kassidom of The Bedford Initiative is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its smutty television, compulsory military service, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 813 million Bedforites enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kassonia. The average income tax rate is 30.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bedforditian economy, worth 88.9 trillion Bedford Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 109,400 Bedford Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians spend more time in courtrooms than in Parliament, political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm, major cities are suffering under water rationing, and most barbers are also surgeons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. The Bedford Initiative's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Bedford Initiative was endorsed by The Free Land of Northern Celavon.
- : The Bedford Initiative was endorsed by The Second Republic of Tretrid.
- : The Bedford Initiative was endorsed by The Perehxekoinmipia of East Malaysia.
- : Following new legislation in The Bedford Initiative, most barbers are also surgeons.
- : Following new legislation in The Bedford Initiative, major cities are suffering under water rationing.
- : Following new legislation in The Bedford Initiative, political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm.
- : Following new legislation in The Bedford Initiative, politicians spend more time in courtrooms than in Parliament.
- : The Bedford Initiative was endorsed by The Republic of Preat.
- : The Bedford Initiative was endorsed by The People's Republic of Dermsie area.
- : The Bedford Initiative was endorsed by The Empire of Aquyia.
Endorsements Received: 121 » VW53Aland, Axdel, Debluu, Wiranath, Arunika, Cacnesia, CANZUK 1, Brova, Clarence-Voslage, CheeseBurrito, Cisdaniria, Arcarum, Aeljae, Bai Lung, Beausylvana, Coruh, Danelaw Scandinavia, Alttaea, Centrical Union, Arasakami, Amerinum, ArenaC, Cameronia Excellentia, Adioration, Cryria, Azureano, Cymru Broadcasters, Oofery, Albrook, Lorrana, Dannemarie, Adavan, Distro-Spartica, A Slanted Black Stripe, Bundes Republic Deutschland, Barfleur, Constervatania, North Bernia, Adolanta, Davinhia, Biggstonia, Akorial, Santa Dystopia, Abtracnt, CopyCato, Capitalist Golborne, Blobbo, Eastern Alksearia, Zukchiva, Arouran, and 71 others.BearStackof2015, Modra, Crucifer, Johor DT, Cellar Doors, Developing World, Concentus, Bharatewa, La xinga, Dravida India, Federation Of Columbian Republics, Biingus, Chols Worithopia, The Three States of Fortuna, Republic of Berzerkistan, 3 14159265358979323846264, Airrajul, Enlil, Pledonia, Wallenburg, Kavanos, Greater New Cassandra, Jove Mahmo, FreedomIand, Granskau, Euricanis, Elejamie, Brotherland, From New World, Great Algerstonia, Firlands, Freedom Fascists, Empire of Dabiristan, Dragonia, Freedomindia, Firenation91, Cafe Hell, Fellon, Drunken Seal Islands, Federated States of Zootron, Dorles, Blobon, Goodnamesarerare, Great Aztlatan CommonWealth, Endertopias, Duracell, The Kulaata Islands, Catlovenia, Acronis, Fontesia, Technocratic Tagalog, Enou, Edmontia, Pirnovo, Spiruvania, Dahom, Devlon, Vessarlian, Squid Ruinosa, Kalaratri, Rhealaliit, Eagle Crest, Tierra Fuego, Maricentria, Veterans Association, Aquyia, Dermsie area, Preat, East Malaysia, Tretrid, and Northern Celavon.