The Kingdom of The Black Forrest is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its public floggings, daily referendums, and compulsory military service. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 37.492 billion Black Forrestians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Omashu. The income tax rate is 100%.
The thriving Black Forrestian economy, worth a remarkable 7,335 trillion Gold Pieces a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 195,643 Gold Pieces, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The internet has been placed under government control, EpiPen sales have skyrocketed, the Finance Ministry posts hourly updates on where taxpayer money is spent, and the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Black Forrest's national animal is the Winged Lemur, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Black Forrest endorsed The Commonwealth of Effazio.
- : The Black Forrest was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Effazio.
- : The Black Forrest withdrew its endorsement from The Armed Republic of The Young Ur.
- : The Black Forrest lost the endorsement of The Armed Republic of The Young Ur.
- : The Black Forrest endorsed The Empire of Camden Forest.
- : The Black Forrest endorsed The Holy Gold of McClandia Doge 2.
- : The Black Forrest was endorsed by The Empire of Camden Forest.
- : The Black Forrest was endorsed by The Holy Gold of McClandia Doge 2.
- : The Black Forrest endorsed The Republic of Tscharva.
- : The Black Forrest was endorsed by The Republic of Tscharva.
Endorsements Received: 43 » Ironic Remarks, Ruinenlust, Ownzone, Canaltia, Frieden-und Freudenland, Ransium, Chilledsville, Feladria, Turbeaux, Reannia, Dwardossa, Candlewhisper Archive, Entitize, Eryndlynd, Aeterno Tranquillitas, The Cypher Nine, Forgotten Beauty, Sacara, Verdant Haven, Window Land, Cat-Herders United, Love and Nature, Novian Republics, Edible Plywood, Ordand, Hyon Delta, Caterasia, Octopus Islands, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Lura, Palos Heights, Rippardine, Cheloboria, Appendia, Blon Gre, Anachronolandia, Groenwald, Burkhai, Pen Blanityion, Atsvea, Tscharva, McClandia Doge 2, and Effazio.