The Senate and People of The Byrdlands is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Joseph Hunt with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, vat-grown people, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 5.449 billion Byrdlanders hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Relinski. The average income tax rate is 56.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Byrdish economy, worth 421 trillion pounds a year, is dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Trout Farming. Average income is 77,272 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Laser-wielding robots are taking aim at human hearts, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, the television adaptation of Jennifer Government is the most popular program in the nation, and clergy never mention brand names for fear of losing their government subsidies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Byrdlands's national animal is the grand eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Aamalyism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Byrdlands was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Maricoen.
- : The Byrdlands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : The Byrdlands was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Rutheneja.
- : The Byrdlands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : The Byrdlands was endorsed by The Free Land of Bro Wyned.
- : The Byrdlands's influence in Anteria fell from "Vassal" to "Squire".
- : The Byrdlands ejected The Federation of Lil Nasbol from Anteria.
- : The Byrdlands was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Zanjact.
- : The Byrdlands was endorsed by The Gregarious Gregocracy of Polder Eiland.
- : The Byrdlands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
Endorsements Received: 38 » Wellsenfaile, Abjekistan, Kentalis, The New Bulgarian Order, Whitmarche, Hatstheput, Southern Velutaria, Halsuntria, Fallooplesburg, New Sebronia, Foxomexra, Prybourne, Lesser Velutaria, Nerany, Turpir Hoes, Junterland, Regauria, Gadorien, Montecaro, Valcouria, Kistolia, Horizen Islands, Amrelia, Yetrasia, The Modern New Spanish Empire, Greater Efrafa, Senshen, Plattinum, Iwonia, Gran Rugido, Lyonheimer, Gavrilia, The Trilla Gang Mafia, Sab Demenr, Zanjact, Bro Wyned, Rutheneja, and Maricoen.