The Senate and People of The Byrdlands is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Joseph Hunt with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, vat-grown people, and frequent executions. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 3.773 billion Byrdlanders enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Relinski. The average income tax rate is 32.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Byrdish economy, worth 356 trillion pounds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Trout Farming, and Tourism. Average income is 94,574 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Laser-wielding robots are taking aim at human hearts, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, the television adaptation of Jennifer Government is the most popular program in the nation, and clergy never mention brand names for fear of losing their government subsidies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. The Byrdlands's national animal is the grand eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Aamalyism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Byrdlands was endorsed by The Republic of Greater Efrafa.
- : The Byrdlands was endorsed by The People's Republic of Dysaphora.
- : The Byrdlands was endorsed by The Conglomerado Corporativo of Prybourne.
- : The Byrdlands was endorsed by The People's Republic of Dominicut.
- : The Byrdlands was endorsed by The Theocracy of El Principado de la Santa Cruz.
- : The Byrdlands endorsed The Republic of Greater Efrafa.
- : The Byrdlands endorsed The Commonwealth of Bikor Bikor.
- : The Byrdlands endorsed The Federal Republic of Patrikcathstan.
- : The Byrdlands endorsed The People's Republic of Dysaphora.
- : The Byrdlands endorsed The Federation of Avleristan.