The Will of The Chariot is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by The Will with an even hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, suspicion of poets, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 3.214 billion Willed are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Defense, although Industry and Education are also considered important, while Environment and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Seat. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Willful economy, worth 459 trillion cards a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Soda Sales, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 143,122 cards, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 719,915 per year while the poor average 15,902, a ratio of 45.3 to 1.
Young soldiers are shocked to discover there are no 'safe spaces' on a battlefield, the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts, the military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers, and drivers regularly pull over for nonexistent police cars. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. The Chariot's national animal is the sphinx, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Willpower.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Chariot's influence in 3 Guys rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : The Chariot's influence in 3 Guys rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : The Chariot's influence in 3 Guys rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : The Chariot's influence in 3 Guys rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : The Chariot's influence in 3 Guys rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : The Chariot's influence in 3 Guys rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : The Chariot's influence in 3 Guys rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : The Chariot was banned from Worldwide british empire by The Dominion of British Zodwinyingoris.
- : The Chariot's influence in 3 Guys rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : The Chariot agreed to construct embassies between Plum Island and DuoLand and the Kelsey Coalition.