The Galactic Federal Republic of The Earth Systems Alliance is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Dominic Woodward with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, free-roaming dinosaurs, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 2.294 billion Humans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Law & Order, and Administration also on the agenda, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Metropolis. The average income tax rate is 68.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Terran economy, worth 337 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 147,156 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Power to the people comes from the barrel of a gun, trails to natural wonders are littered with trash from reality film crews, the government has officially clarified that "wee on your hands to save time" does not count as proper hygiene, and high school bands practice by moonlight. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Earth Systems Alliance's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Earth Systems Alliance was endorsed by The Bukowskian State of Aleister.
- : The Earth Systems Alliance was endorsed by The Commonwealth of VW53Aland.
- : The Earth Systems Alliance was endorsed by The Pretitle of Wiranath.
- : The Earth Systems Alliance lodged a message on the The East Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : The Earth Systems Alliance was endorsed by The Placental Peoples of Fedele.
- : The Earth Systems Alliance endorsed The Placental Peoples of Fedele.
- : The Earth Systems Alliance was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : The Earth Systems Alliance applied to join the World Assembly.
- : The Earth Systems Alliance's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Page".
- : The Earth Systems Alliance relocated from Balder to The East Pacific.