|Capital||The Throne on the balcony on the house|
The Conquerable Kingdom of The Hill is a massive, genial nation, ruled by King Chase with an iron fist, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates, suspicion of poets, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical population of 3.729 billion Hillanders are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — prioritizes Environment, although Welfare, Social Policy, and Administration are also considered important, while Defense and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Throne on the balcony on the house. The average income tax rate is 68.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Hillish economy, worth 40.8 trillion Hilloes a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Cheese Exports. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 10,952 Hilloes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The media have begun calling the government treasury "King Chase's stash", The Hill successfully hosted the Forest Olympics, the regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb, and you can't put down the nation's attitude to pet health. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent. The Hill's national animal is the Sheep, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Hill's influence in Forest rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : The Hill's influence in Forest rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : The Hill's influence in Forest rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The Hill relocated from Lazarus to Forest.
- : The Hill was refounded in Lazarus.
- : The Hill ceased to exist in Forest.
- : The Hill was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : The Hill was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather and the Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- : The Hill was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : The Hill was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.