|Leader||The Lord Emperor|
The Empire of The island of Kiria is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by The Lord Emperor with an iron fist, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, unlimited-speed roads, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 19.458 billion Kirians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kiria. The average income tax rate is 18.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kirian economy, worth a remarkable 3,907 trillion Golden Doubloons a year, is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 200,794 Golden Doubloons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Movie producers send film critics wads of cash in their morning newspapers in anticipation of gushing praise, small patches of desolate land across the world are part of Kirian sovereign territory, school uniforms are compulsory, and military officers are given medals for disobeying orders. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. The island of Kiria's national animal is the Dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Imperialism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The island of Kiria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Woonsocket".
- : The island of Kiria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Farm".
- : Following new legislation in The island of Kiria, military officers are given medals for disobeying orders.
- : Following new legislation in The island of Kiria, school uniforms are compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in The island of Kiria, small patches of desolate land across the world are part of Kirian sovereign territory.
- : Following new legislation in The island of Kiria, movie producers send film critics wads of cash in their morning newspapers in anticipation of gushing praise.
- : Following new legislation in The island of Kiria, "Mad Max: Returning Again to Barrydrome" is this year's unexpected summer blockbuster.
- : The island of Kiria endorsed The Sleeping Land of Kangarawa.
- : The island of Kiria endorsed The Protectorate of Opossum Slayer.
- : The island of Kiria endorsed The Republic of Superior Indonesia.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Fedele, Axdel, Ellsonian Dominion, British Calradia, Ravendi, Republic of Berzerkistan, Hizuru, Pulmonaria, Dark Edgyness, H-Zhena, A Slanted Black Stripe, Grand Rheinland, Roissyland, Wiranath, Davelands, Aristortia, Socialist Holy American Empire, Neruch, Tim Stark, Bachtendekuppen, Brotherland, United China Nation, Aelitia, Ridann, Tigerion, Janoobi Jazair, Broengtopia, BearStackof2015, VW53Aland, Todd McCloud, Am Echad, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Aleister, Kingdom of Pars, Funkadelia, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, EnderShnovia, Superior Indonesia, Opossum Slayer, and Kangarawa.