|Capital||The Holy See|
|Leader||Knight Master Commander Ludwig|
The Holy Empire of The Knights of Saint Louis is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Knight Master Commander Ludwig with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, frequent executions, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, devout population of 3.74 billion Knights of Saint Louis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Holy See. The average income tax rate is 62.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong knightly economy, worth 273 trillion bitcoins a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 73,006 bitcoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Billions of bitcoins are being blown on orbital weapons development, black market eau de toilette is made in bathroom labs across the nation, The Knights of Saint Louis is increasingly belligerent on the international stage, and you can't put down the nation's attitude to pet health. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Knights of Saint Louis's national animal is the porpoise, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Orthodox Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Knights of Saint Louis's influence in Syria rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : The Knights of Saint Louis's influence in Syria rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : The Knights of Saint Louis's influence in Syria rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : The Knights of Saint Louis endorsed The Saint of Joan dArc.
- : The Knights of Saint Louis relocated from The East Pacific to Syria.
- : The Knights of Saint Louis relocated from The North Pacific to The East Pacific.
- : The Knights of Saint Louis relocated from Solar Union to The North Pacific.
- : The Knights of Saint Louis's influence in Solar Union rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : The Knights of Saint Louis's influence in Solar Union rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : The Knights of Saint Louis's influence in Solar Union rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
Endorsements Received: None.