|Leader||Executive Minister Spencer Hastings|
|Animal||Steller's Sea Eagle|
The Dominion of The Layfetian Republic is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Executive Minister Spencer Hastings with a fair hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, state-planned economy, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.864 billion Layfetians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nordipolica. The average income tax rate is 70.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Layfetian economy, worth 145 trillion Rezuan Rusings a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Pizza Delivery, and Soda Sales. Average income is 50,849 Rezuan Rusings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prisoners can't do number twos without their "toilet buddy" present, environmental officials dismiss uncontrolled wildfires burning down major cities as nature taking its course, the derisively named "Morlocks of Moria" futilely demand time in the sun, and road signs are getting harder to read under layers of knitted woolen cardigans. Crime is totally unknown. The Layfetian Republic's national animal is the Steller's Sea Eagle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Layfetian Republic password-protected Aron.
- : The Layfetian Republic ejected The Meritocracy of Asanagi from Aron.
- : The Layfetian Republic ejected The State of Eikangaard from Aron.
- : The Layfetian Republic ejected The Grand Duchy of Bobberino78 from Aron.
- : The Layfetian Republic ejected The Stand of Harvest from Aron.
- : The Layfetian Republic ejected House 215 from Aron.
- : The Layfetian Republic renamed the office held by House 215 from "IG-88" to "215" in Aron.
- : The Layfetian Republic granted Border Control authority to House 215 and renamed the office from "LILY" to "IG-88" in Aron.
- : The Layfetian Republic updated the World Factbook entry in Aron.
- : House 215 dismissed The Layfetian Republic as Regional Operator of Aron.