The Colony of The Mongol Forest is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 2.54 billion Mongols hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 7.4%.
The strong Mongolian economy, worth 149 trillion togriks a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Basket Weaving, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 58,809 togriks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.9 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. The Mongol Forest's national animal is the horse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Mongol Forest's influence in Forest rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : The Mongol Forest lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
- : The Mongol Forest's influence in Forest rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The Mongol Forest relocated from Lazarus to Forest.
- : The Mongol Forest altered its national flag.
- : The Mongol Forest was refounded in Lazarus.
- : The Mongol Forest ceased to exist in Forest.
- : The Mongol Forest was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : The Mongol Forest's influence in Forest rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : The Mongol Forest was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.