The Teetering Bookshelves of The New Bluestocking Homeland is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Dear Librarian with a fair hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, anti-smoking policies, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 10.689 billion Bluestockings love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Libertad. The average income tax rate is 97.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Homelandist economy, worth a remarkable 1,284 trillion Biblios a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 120,190 Biblios, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's most "productive" diamond mine hasn't been operational for seven months, people make a career out of medical voyeurism, courtrooms can be a little sketchy, and the dessert 'Death by Chocolate' isn't the most lethal dish on the menu. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The New Bluestocking Homeland's national animal is the Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland endorsed The Holy Gold of McClandia Doge 2.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland endorsed The Wood Cabin Communities of Groenwald.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland endorsed The Allied Kingdoms of Atsvea.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Empire of Camden Forest.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Holy Gold of McClandia Doge 2.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Allied Kingdoms of Atsvea.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans, the Top 5% for Highest Economic Output, and the Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
Endorsements Received: 49 » Ransium, Candlewhisper Archive, Canaltia, Ruinenlust, Ownzone, Frieden-und Freudenland, Turbeaux, Chilledsville, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Feladria, The Cypher Nine, Dwardossa, Eryndlynd, Reannia, Love and Nature, Caterasia, Ziotah and Riverside, Entitize, Window Land, Wantevolo, Ironic Remarks, Sacara, Cat-Herders United, Edible Plywood, Novian Republics, The Void Territories, Ordand, Hyon Delta, Bananaistan, Forgotten Beauty, The Black Forrest, Greyveldt, Verdant Haven, Murmuria, Palos Heights, Rippardine, Cheloboria, Kinectia, Appendia, Lura, Blon Gre, Bakwaas, Anachronolandia, Burkhai, Effazio, Groenwald, Pen Blanityion, Atsvea, and McClandia Doge 2.