The Dictatorship of The Northeast Mashriq is a massive, cultured nation, remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, prohibition of alcohol, and daily referendums. The compassionate, devout population of 2.234 billion Mashriqis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beirut. The average income tax rate is 82.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Northeast Mashriqian economy, worth 129 trillion Dinars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Arms Manufacturing industry. Average income is 57,797 Dinars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Group hugs break out during floor votes, the education system is being cleansed of all corporate influence, children as young as eight can present logical proofs for the existence of the afterlife, and multiple births are a cause of celebration for tax collectors. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Northeast Mashriq's national animal is the Goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Northeast Mashriq was endorsed by The Democratic States of Anatasha.
- : The Northeast Mashriq was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : The Northeast Mashriq was endorsed by The Dominion of New Sanet.
- : The Northeast Mashriq voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Following new legislation in The Northeast Mashriq, multiple births are a cause of celebration for tax collectors.
- : Following new legislation in The Northeast Mashriq, children as young as eight can present logical proofs for the existence of the afterlife.
- : Following new legislation in The Northeast Mashriq, the education system is being cleansed of all corporate influence.
- : Following new legislation in The Northeast Mashriq, group hugs break out during floor votes.
- : Following new legislation in The Northeast Mashriq, in musicals everybody's a little bit racist.
- : The Northeast Mashriq was endorsed by The Democratic Superpower of The American Anarchist Empire.
Endorsements Received: 93 » Volaworand, Erinor, Yeldarbsland, Marinho Islands, Qvait, The Filippinas, Aumeltopia, Amerion, Crystal Creation, Bleakfoot, PenguinPies, Tsunamy, Anserisa, Auphelia, Land Without Shrimp, Wehraboos, Corgitopiaa, Abarri, Ralphburg, Gonrati, Bawkie, Farengeto, Nowa Europa, Jehenna, Valdutz, New Briantown, Farelonia, West Pastafaria, Tsvetania, Drugged Monkeys, Sandaoguo, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Myness, Midand, Concrete Slab, Laamiva, Hanguk-Nippon, Ebonhand, Aidenfieeld, Tepertopia, Kandorith, Phanama, Holy Free, Bartonia Nova, Purple Hyacinth, Rebel-topia, Sedunn, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Vanbella, Belschaft, and 43 others.Apartment 11F, Shefino, Yellunstryer, Beepee, Eskvenn, The Imperial Frost Federation, Treir, Wakandan Tribes, Truskawkoland, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Scu Greinne, Pencil Sharpeners 2, LadyRebels, Libedistan, Westenhald, The United Australian States, Ipugao, Sodor and Mann, Doge Land, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Herbert Island, Kaoia, Direwolf1, JavaSiege, Kaleidescooptopia, Wanoria, Beblahbleblo, Agletgreenia, Rhetiaa, Eastern Mekong, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Moridine, Solanosco, Danily, Esfalsa, Nyxonia, Vicken, The Kies, New Sanet, and Anatasha.