The Armed Republic of The Police is a gargantuan, efficient nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, complete lack of public education, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 10.32 billion Policeans are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Law & Order, with Industry and Defense also on the agenda, while Welfare and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of San Quentin. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.1%.
The powerhouse Policean economy, worth 525 trillion batons a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 50,904 batons, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 169,428 per year while the poor average 11,396, a ratio of 14.9 to 1.
A dictator has seized power and outlawed elections, pigs deemed dangerous to the public are shot and hanged by the town hall as a warning to others, The Police has designated San Quentin as its capital city, and crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing. Crime is moderate, possibly because it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many regulations. The Police's national animal is the pig.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Police's influence in The Old Raiding Club rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : The Police was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Ignorant Citizens.
- : The Police's influence in The Old Raiding Club rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : The Police was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Zombified.
- : The Police's influence in The Old Raiding Club rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : The Police's influence in The Old Raiding Club rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : The Police's influence in The Old Raiding Club rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : The Police was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
- : The Police's influence in The Old Raiding Club rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : The Police lodged a message on the The Old Raiding Club Regional Message Board.