The Republic of The Psittacines is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 242 million Psittacinesians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 43.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Psittacinesian economy, worth 18.1 trillion Pellets a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 74,758 Pellets, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
100-year-old politicians are now a thing of the past, prison visits increase substantially during election years, the subway is dead quiet in early afternoons, and the government has an entire department dedicated to staring at microscopes and writing down letters. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. The Psittacines's national animal is the Sun Parakeet, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Psittacines was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Following new legislation in The Psittacines, the government has an entire department dedicated to staring at microscopes and writing down letters.
- : Following new legislation in The Psittacines, the subway is dead quiet in early afternoons.
- : Following new legislation in The Psittacines, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- : Following new legislation in The Psittacines, 100-year-old politicians are now a thing of the past.
- : The Psittacines voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
- : The Psittacines was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Vivenxistan.
- : The Psittacines was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Following new legislation in The Psittacines, prolonged government investigations are a common revenge tactic among spurned significant others.
- : Following new legislation in The Psittacines, a flood of mandatory divorces burden the courts.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Charville, Jossel, Creditopia, Duby, Socialist Platypus, Pervincia, Balan Bar, Hubdova, Aelandi, Hamptoria, The Free City of Nelson, GreatBritannia, Liberto-Ancapistan, Gatorstan, Commuba, Primis Tenebris, Nibelia, Space Nudists, Preox, Skoorb, Wakaru, Lislandia, Terra Valor, Saraai, Nova Briton, The Spook Who Sat By The Door, Atlas Protectorate, Deblar, Xavier The 1, Kurczak Mielony, Landcache, Xeorkuothertopia, Lucensia, Hockeyyekcoh, StarGaiz, BadBitchVille, Clownclub, Suryadweep Islands, El Blurkistan, Cyzixraqab, Mandarivia, Werstonal, Free Azell, Gibraltarica, Kursibar, Cle Brait, Saint Killebrew, Ciapore, Devonigondwana, Erithian, and 21 others.Seolia, GibmeMoney, Oktadonia, Sweola, The sovereign provinces of Mesha, Eastern Starbowie, Stustu, Fichnoman, Fellonandia, United Cyber Tech, Ziroxeut, Nueva Rico, Untied States of Matter, Cramboria, Redamia, Covoicotheval, Zuelong, Great Luirokitanea, Kliffoj, Swiss Hommousionopia, and Vivenxistan.