The Kingdom of The Sea of the East is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its digital currency, absence of drug laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 388 million Sea of the Eastians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Administration, Spirituality, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Environment are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.2%.
The very strong Sea of the Eastian economy, worth 33.6 trillion shells a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Tourism, and Gambling. Average income is 86,561 shells, with the richest citizens earning 9.9 times as much as the poorest.
War vets look after war animals, shivering secretaries type letters under torrential downpours in open-roof offices, school children asked "what is two times two?" are likely to form a symposium to discuss how different answers make them feel, and religious education is a new government priority. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. The Sea of the East's national animal is the whale, which can occasionally be seen avoiding garbage in the nation's murky oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Sea of the East was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : The Sea of the East was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Lisokyo.
- : The Sea of the East was endorsed by The Sovereign Commonwealth of Evertopia.
- : The Sea of the East was endorsed by The Queer Commune of Aspistania.
- : The Sea of the East was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes and Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : The Sea of the East was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Kachikawawa.
- : The Sea of the East was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes and the Top 10% for Most Influential.
- : The Sea of the East was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Waitiki.
- : Following new legislation in The Sea of the East, religious education is a new government priority.
- : The Sea of the East was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
Endorsements Received: 25 » The Soylent Green Party, Kuriko, New Fania, Ignis Cinere, Wysrod, Valentian Elysium, Republic of Karskarovyt, United East Republics, Krystalveil, Grungerock, The Pizza, The Snake Brotherhood, Ehrgeizig, Isentran, Zeganas, Dustwind, Seantonia, Northern Nivaria, Anisopterra, Waitiki, Kachikawawa, Aspistania, Evertopia, Lisokyo, and Bortheria.