|Leader||Queen Imtura Tal Kaelen|
The Kingdom of The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Queen Imtura Tal Kaelen with an iron fist, and remarkable for its smutty television, ritual sacrifices, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 2.046 billion Pirates are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Administration, Education, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Flotilla. The average income tax rate is 86.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Flotillan economy, worth 574 trillion galleons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched black market in Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, Retail, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 281,020 galleons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
There's a lot of hot air coming from the Capitol Building, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, the nation is committed to nuclear rearmament, and the carbon footprint falls along with the human footprint during war. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla's national animal is the Kraken, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Agnosticism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla, the carbon footprint falls along with the human footprint during war.
- : Following new legislation in The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla, the nation is committed to nuclear rearmament.
- : Following new legislation in The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables.
- : Following new legislation in The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla, there's a lot of hot air coming from the Capitol Building.
- : Following new legislation in The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla, religious epiphanies are often cited as a reason for high school drop-outs.
- : Following new legislation in The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla, students who do not recite the national anthem each morning have to drop and give their teacher 50.
- : Following new legislation in The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla, children who can't memorize their multiplication tables are sent to the mines.
- : Following new legislation in The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla, conscientious objectors are hanged as traitors.
- : Following new legislation in The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla, burglary is widely regarded as the national sport.
- : Following new legislation in The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla, the nation refuses to discard its increasingly useless penny.
Endorsements Received: 131 » Qvait, Corgitopiaa, Amerion, Marinho Islands, Aumeltopia, Laamiva, Erinor, Auphelia, Tsunamy, PenguinPies, Alaninia, Land Without Shrimp, Bleakfoot, Anserisa, Farengeto, Gonrati, Volaworand, Wehraboos, The Filippinas, Bawkie, Tsvetania, Jehenna, Yeldarbsland, Valdutz, New Briantown, Ralphburg, Sandaoguo, West Pastafaria, Drugged Monkeys, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Midand, Concrete Slab, Myness, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Hanguk-Nippon, Ebonhand, Royaltica, Tepertopia, Kandorith, Phanama, Purple Hyacinth, Bartonia Nova, House Ahsanul, Andinla, Brunier, Rebel-topia, Sedunn, Nowa Europa, Vanbella, Eskvenn, and 81 others.Los Rodeos, Apartment 11F, Yellunstryer, Belschaft, Abyssal Phantasm, Aidenfieeld, Beepee, The Imperial Frost Federation, Vardanfel, Blondiesland, Wakandan Tribes, Roterdamia, WI SD EA D, Canmore, Holota, Treir, Synarion, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Ceutalia, The Founding Citadel, Lionstrapower, Truskawkoland, Qawe, LadyRebels, The Altan, Seythennia, Doge Land, Scu Greinne, Pencil Sharpeners 2, NIGHTRAY, Libedistan, Greater Scottdascoda, Westenhald, Drystar, Ipugao, Sapientiano, Carrelie, Yeses, Freedoom, Tughampton, Noimosini, Fission, The United Australian States, Freavia, Western Fardelshufflestein, Populaa, New Goldman, East Nagaland, The island of Sorna, Alambar, Arizona2, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Kaoia, JavaSiege, Rhetiaa, Kaleidescooptopia, Peoples Republic of TempleLandia, Astiaveth, Steviland, Beblahbleblo, Agletgreenia, Eastern Mekong, Fighting Kawi Ninja, New Sanet, Green Sofia, Tackastan, Solanosco, Galebland, Danily, Abarri, Esfalsa, Nyxonia, Vicken, Holy Free, The Kies, Indolos, Linguiniland, Anatasha, Fupiju, The American Anarchist Empire, and Kiani.