The Free Land of The Upper Low is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 380 million Upper Lowians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 66.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Upper Lowian economy, worth 29.9 trillion bitcoins a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 78,599 bitcoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Interest in globalism never flags, convicted criminals are given free limo rides to jail, international tensions are high as The Upper Low threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens, and the Upper Lowian Intelligence Agency relies on internet search engines to know what is happening overseas. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Upper Low's national animal is the dead dolphin, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Upper Low was endorsed by The Republic of Brotherland.
- : The Upper Low voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Common Territories".
- : The Upper Low voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Mutually assured destruction".
- : Following new legislation in The Upper Low, the Upper Lowian Intelligence Agency relies on internet search engines to know what is happening overseas.
- : Following new legislation in The Upper Low, international tensions are high as The Upper Low threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens.
- : The Upper Low lost the endorsement of The Don't Endorse Me of A Slanted Black Stripe.
- : The Upper Low was endorsed by The Sleeping Land of Kangarawa.
- : Following new legislation in The Upper Low, convicted criminals are given free limo rides to jail.
- : Following new legislation in The Upper Low, interest in globalism never flags.
- : The Upper Low was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
Endorsements Received: 28 » VW53Aland, Fedele, Davelands, H-Zhena, Wiranath, Axdel, Tim Stark, Roissyland, Rhealaliit, Ravendi, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Hizuru, Janoobi Jazair, Am Echad, CheeseBurrito, Abadong, Acheronn, Bachtendekuppen, Aleister, Funkadelia, Kilkire, Abtracnt, The United Neo American Union, Aelitia, Opossum Slayer, Kangarawa, and Brotherland.