The United States of Thebist is a huge, genial nation, notable for its daily referendums, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 742 million Thebistians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dudley City. The average income tax rate is 61.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Thebistian economy, worth 81.3 trillion Bills a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 109,610 Bills, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
The government is reining in public spending, psychiatrists bizarrely accompany Leader to meetings with foreign heads of state, blind dates reemerge as a necessary evil in the quest for love, and government opponents tend to have their patents rejected immediately. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thebist's national animal is the Moose, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Thebist's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Thebist was endorsed by The Free Land of Steraz.
- : Thebist was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Savaaria.
- : Thebist was endorsed by The United Regions of Glurponia.
- : Following new legislation in Thebist, government opponents tend to have their patents rejected immediately.
- : Following new legislation in Thebist, blind dates reemerge as a necessary evil in the quest for love.
- : Following new legislation in Thebist, psychiatrists bizarrely accompany Leader to meetings with foreign heads of state.
- : Thebist was endorsed by The Republic of Samog.
- : Following new legislation in Thebist, the government is reining in public spending.
- : Following new legislation in Thebist, conversion therapy coupons are a popular present for coming of age ceremonies.
Endorsements Received: 94 » Corfad, Siwale, El Fiji Grande, Yaorozu, Territorio di Nessuno, Alunya, Sinelona, Shin-Hachioji, The Rhein States, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Omnistria, Great Bights Mum, Shadowrik, Peldorn, Sea Ghost, Dreadton, Bayern-Straubing, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Jasminlandia, Kasazzastan, Notyoutopia, Fayyayid, Ethnon, Sheldanada, Frances Francis the First of France, Tappan Hills, Spartoptia, Vikingiarchy, Kwaj, Shibutani, Lomjia, Acrabinnia, Sil Dorsett, Steampunk Ariel, Napnomadia, Wineclaw, Torakuen, New Pruessen, Pallaith, Trillius, Sundred, Sunto, Dar es Saalam, North Bratislava, Black Templares, Koda-Land, Egalico, Uganda Knuckles UK, Holy Oranz, Q w e r t y, and 44 others.Federation Terra Australis, PlanetPunk, Ibiscaton, Newpromisedland, Free Azzaca, Joodey, Ikea Rike, Municipality of Baria and Vungtau, Destructive Government Endorsing System, New Bremerton, 1 very fast endotarter, Noahs Second Country, Saturns Edge, Prydania, Thiammyalllaland, Valhalla123, Former English Colony, Apetopia, Ejhsa, Zokk, Test for a new hope, Castle Federation, Alpinea, The Black Cathedral, Wilkshire, Elder Realms, GRANDE IMPERIO ORIENTAL PAGAO EUDUARDO, Maott, Justanistan, Guer Aike, Haor Chall, Xentherida, Pasargad, Constantinolia, Selfgradatude, Loli County, Aratani, Astrind, Zumlandia, Kobagia, Loutsland, Samog, Glurponia, and Steraz.