The Commonwealth of TheCollective12 is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, state-planned economy, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical population of 347 million TheCollective12ians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 66.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The TheCollective12ian economy, worth 15.8 trillion Meats a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 45,410 Meats, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Surrogate mothers are encouraged to refer to their wombs as 'rental space', autopsies often involve only cursory examination, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, and one does not simply walk into the tundra. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. TheCollective12's national animal is the Moon Bear, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : TheCollective12 was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : TheCollective12's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : TheCollective12 was endorsed by The Sovereign Commonwealth of Evertopia.
- : Following new legislation in TheCollective12, one does not simply walk into the tundra.
- : TheCollective12 was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Anisopterra.
- : Following new legislation in TheCollective12, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in TheCollective12, autopsies often involve only cursory examination.
- : Following new legislation in TheCollective12, surrogate mothers are encouraged to refer to their wombs as 'rental space'.
- : TheCollective12 was endorsed by The Void of Dustwind.
- : TheCollective12 was endorsed by The Queer Commune of Aspistania.
Endorsements Received: 16 » Krystalveil, Kuriko, Wysrod, Nooooooooooooooo, Republic of Karskarovyt, The Republic of Osea, The Soylent Green Party, Randopian, Ignis Cinere, New Fania, Anollasia, Aspistania, Dustwind, Anisopterra, Evertopia, and Bortheria.