The Holy Empire of Theed Swithe is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Vesta with an even hand, and notable for its public floggings, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 1.782 billion Theed Switheans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Blaireau. The average income tax rate is 66.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Theed Swithean economy, worth 124 trillion Drachmas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 69,804 Drachmas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, imitation is the sincerest form of felony, future forecasters fearfully discuss grey goo and human obsolescence, and corporate lawyers are switching careers to the more lucrative field of green politics. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Theed Swithe's national animal is the Badger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Graeco-Roman Paganism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Theed Swithe, corporate lawyers are switching careers to the more lucrative field of green politics.
- : Theed Swithe voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Common Territories".
- : Theed Swithe voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Mutually assured destruction".
- : Following new legislation in Theed Swithe, future forecasters fearfully discuss grey goo and human obsolescence.
- : Following new legislation in Theed Swithe, imitation is the sincerest form of felony.
- : Following new legislation in Theed Swithe, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation.
- : Following new legislation in Theed Swithe, some of the country's most famous photographers are animals.
- : Following new legislation in Theed Swithe, much of Theed Swithe's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence.
- : Theed Swithe was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Theed Swithe, sullen teenagers in bright orange 'community payback' onesies can be seen picking litter at the roadside.
Endorsements Received: 42 » A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Someseni, VW53Aland, Izonno, Fedele, Socialist Holy American Empire, Aelitia, The Happian Union, Aristortia, Marrico, Pakitsk, Davelands, Pulmonaria, Roissyland, Tuvaltastan, Tim Stark, Bachtendekuppen, Wiranath, Brotherland, Axdel, Hizuru, Todd McCloud, Thyaclinia, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Republic of Berzerkistan, The Angel of Charity, Neruch, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, Am Echad, Ravendi, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, CheeseBurrito, Aleister, Kingdom of Pars, United China Nation, Funkadelia, The United Neo American Union, Opossum Slayer, and Kangarawa.