The Republic of They blow stuff up is a very large, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its soft-spoken computers, state-planned economy, and irreverence towards religion. The quiet, industrious population of 148 million They blow stuff upians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 22.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient They blow stuff upian economy, worth 5.67 trillion florins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 38,290 florins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients, theatre may or may not be changing for the better but it is being changed for good, troop transports blacken the sky as the military commences Operation Desert Ocean, and endangered species are effective hostages against the They blow stuff upian military. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. They blow stuff up's national animal is the kiwi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : They blow stuff up was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : They blow stuff up's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : They blow stuff up applied to join the World Assembly.
- : They blow stuff up relocated from Test73737382828 to Artificial Solar System.
- : They blow stuff up resigned from the World Assembly.
- : They blow stuff up's influence in Test73737382828 rose from "Zero" to "Duckspeaker".
- : They blow stuff up endorsed The Republic of Fandom Outpost 9.
- : Following new legislation in They blow stuff up, endangered species are effective hostages against the They blow stuff upian military.
- : Following new legislation in They blow stuff up, troop transports blacken the sky as the military commences Operation Desert Ocean.
- : Following new legislation in They blow stuff up, theatre may or may not be changing for the better but it is being changed for good.