|Leader||Araminta Vishaka Chatterjee|
The Associated Dominion of Thurston is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Araminta Vishaka Chatterjee with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.995 billion Thurstoners hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Britain. The average income tax rate is 93.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Thurstoner economy, worth 399 trillion Pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 133,548 Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Laser-wielding robots are taking aim at human hearts, conspiracy theorists allege that the government is spying on them through their carbon monoxide detectors, schoolboys who turn to watch pretty girls go by are given detention, and the government supplies ragtag bands of resistance fighters in exchange for vague promises of future payment. Crime is totally unknown. Thurston's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Thurston was endorsed by The Technocratic Republic of Laudesia.
- : Following new legislation in Thurston, the government supplies ragtag bands of resistance fighters in exchange for vague promises of future payment.
- : Following new legislation in Thurston, schoolboys who turn to watch pretty girls go by are given detention.
- : Thurston was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Thurston, conspiracy theorists allege that the government is spying on them through their carbon monoxide detectors.
- : Following new legislation in Thurston, laser-wielding robots are taking aim at human hearts.
- : Following new legislation in Thurston, the nation's official head of religious affairs is an atheist.
- : Following new legislation in Thurston, policy reversals are more often graceful demi-détournés than u-turns.
- : Following new legislation in Thurston, school teachers check the staff room for hidden webcams before complaining about rebellious students.
- : Thurston voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
Endorsements Received: 112 » Emastalia, Havenwelle, Purple Ruthenia, Precisely Nothing, Raghallaigh, Mancheseva City, Polgaria, Samuelstani, Ajaccino, Eloscape, Pirataria, Utopian Earth, Arvigiel, Mediocrea, Poquaoi, Lethen, Off God Islands, Taskete, SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS, Dat Countreh, Mousa Liberty, Gooblaria, Former Raxhiria, Bolger, Teutonic Kaiserreich, Voxum Mortalum, Cortlandt Manor, Free Rosabell, Coloamerica, Akeland, Acapais, Paulotzia, Ipsonasia, Caffeinated, Greatnessity City, Brickfield, Le Libertia, Kingdom of Stargard, Benthamania, Arqhua, Genistan, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Terra Potestatem, West Wirral, Katkasistan, Algamonzimt, Corovos, Lorscinia, Leuxas, Gabingston, and 62 others.Free People Union, Asian Hatia, Pakistan 55, Vlazinova, Waluigi4Smash, United Northen States Canada, The United Socialist Republic of Datlof, Beriwen, Kroll Union, Tital Mania, Abassyia, Andradus, BIOTstate, Almendron, Calvar, Sparhawkia, Bethania, United American Regions, Mutualist American Republics, Oforrriand, The Tugboat Complex, The Soverign Military Order Of Malta, Scaletta, Random Republic, Primorye Oblast, Alpharod, Quartzinne, Caleban, Penlopa, Tassaland, Bursken, United Kingdoms of Redania, Algazzio, ShadyStans, Sablania, New France Republic, Union Lysk, Barcelona and Girona, Royal Alchemia, Pygania, Birgenland, Tarkovinia, Ganud, And Spaces, Arrowlandia, The Democratic Peoples, Geektopia, Cyberpunk, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Baobab-Bumbaria, Elwin, The Republic of IceIceJay, Sudmar Island, The Lost Men, Lurinsk, Euperis, Zakanda, Sincluda, Disney Know it Alls, Deliber, P0ptr0pica, and Laudesia.