|Leader||Mark Lau Hok Tin|
The Associated Dominion of Thurston is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Mark Lau Hok Tin with a fair hand, and renowned for its smutty television, avant-garde cinema, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.31 billion Thurstoners are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Britain. The average income tax rate is 65.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Thurstoner economy, worth 123 trillion Pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 94,515 Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Matryoshka dolls resembling nested Death Stars are commonly sold, snap elections are called over every minor impasse, the Farmer's Almanac is the most popular college textbook, and fishermen take out second mortgages to afford the yearly fishing permit. Crime is totally unknown. Thurston's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Thurston, fishermen take out second mortgages to afford the yearly fishing permit.
- : Thurston changed its national nation type to "Associated Dominion".
- : Thurston voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Thurston, the Farmer's Almanac is the most popular college textbook.
- : Following new legislation in Thurston, snap elections are called over every minor impasse.
- : Following new legislation in Thurston, matryoshka dolls resembling nested Death Stars are commonly sold.
- : Following new legislation in Thurston, the government's foreign policy statements are less threatening than a World Assembly cease-and-desist letter.
- : Following new legislation in Thurston, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home.
- : Thurston was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Kroll Union.
- : Following new legislation in Thurston, New Britain spends billions upgrading public transport.
Endorsements Received: 91 » Chungus World, Emastalia, New Peoples Empire, Havenwelle, Purple Ruthenia, Twilight Ways, Malashaan Colony, Precisely Nothing, Saarland-Niederbayern, Raghallaigh, Clialaad, Nippluania, Mancheseva City, Liveropolis, Polgaria, Samuelstani, Ajaccino, Salxeburg, Eloscape, Pirataria, Pyrhus, Aexnidaral, Utopian Earth, Envielle, Mikkazuki, Ikheria, Arvigiel, Mediocrea, Poquaoi, Federal Republic of Respondia, Lethen, Desrouleaux, The United Peoples of Centrism, Sagehills, Maowi, Off God Islands, Taskete, Trollfaceia, Coulthos, Perunya, Lime82, Purgitz, SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS, Dat Countreh, Southwestern Germany, Mousa Liberty, Fox-Wolf Unions, Serpahima, Yahwasia, Muertio, and 41 others.United-Marrshmallows, Illangdonall, Lusitania and Britannia, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Gooblaria, Seventeen Islands, Tejikstan, Former Raxhiria, Bolger, Teutonic Kaiserreich, Morongia, BigITopia2, Voxum Mortalum, Cortlandt Manor, Moldovenia, South Eastern Centralia, Alabrinnor, Free Rosabell, Zintibia, Winner909098, Coloamerica, Upper Prestina, Akeland, Acapais, Paulotzia, Basement Kitteh, Artavart, New Sosnowiec, Deathfall, Union Lysk, Ipsonasia, Verteger, The Vereenigde Oostindiche Compagnie, Caffeinated, Zaeka, Greatnessity City, Brickfield, Le Libertia, Cyberian States, Kingdom of Stargard, and Kroll Union.