|Faith||Cult of Torch|
The Protectorate of Tigerion is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Torch with an iron fist, and renowned for its rampant corporate plagiarism, keen interest in outer space, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.883 billion Tigerians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Industry, and Administration also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thortopia. The average income tax rate is 72.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Tigerionian economy, worth 295 trillion Silver Tigers a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 156,764 Silver Tigers, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Going on a diet invalidates your passport, conspiracy theorists allege Thortopia's new subway map resembles Satanic symbols, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders, and same-sex marriages are increasingly common. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tigerion's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Cult of Torch.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tigerion was endorsed by The Sleeping Land of Kangarawa.
- : Tigerion was endorsed by The Protectorate of Opossum Slayer.
- : Following new legislation in Tigerion, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.
- : Following new legislation in Tigerion, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders.
- : Following new legislation in Tigerion, conspiracy theorists allege Thortopia's new subway map resembles Satanic symbols.
- : Following new legislation in Tigerion, going on a diet invalidates your passport.
- : Tigerion was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Tigerion was endorsed by The Armed Republic of The United Neo American Union.
- : Following new legislation in Tigerion, clumsy self-injury is a viable claim in modern compensation culture.
- : Following new legislation in Tigerion, bread-gangs raid restaurant waste bins to stockpile uneaten rolls.
Endorsements Received: 66 » A Slanted Black Stripe, Riveraland, Impia Aghte, The Sacred Whale, Ridann, Bacon Land, H-Zhena, Hobbesistan, Danesopia, Roissyland, VW53Aland, Am Echad, Dark Edgyness, Aelitia, Aristortia, The Happian Union, Tim Stark, Davelands, Bachtendekuppen, Wiranath, Brotherland, The Angel of Charity, Thyaclinia, Axdel, Arkantis, Rhealaliit, Arberinopolis, Adolanta, Blazing Samaritan, BearStackof2015, Pura Mente, ReeK, Merlovich, Bai Lung, Janoobi Jazair, Amjedia, Avalon Ascendancy, Xobalon, Adavan, Puckconnolly, Qui sequuntur somnia, Aeljae, The island of Kiria, Adriatican, Agonya, Pulmonaria, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Babcocia, Arpino, Bakaworld, and 16 others.Enlil, AngusEssa, Hizuru, Osterreich und Ungarn, Stellar Colonies, Ravendi, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Talitoa, Justice-Becoming, Aleister, Funkadelia, Kilkire, The United Asian Republics, The United Neo American Union, Opossum Slayer, and Kangarawa.