|Leader||Edgar Allan Toad|
The People's Republic of Toaddia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Edgar Allan Toad with an even hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, rampant corporate plagiarism, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, humorless population of 6.374 billion Toaddians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — prioritizes Education, with Administration, Law & Order, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Toad Town. The average income tax rate is 97.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Toaddian economy, worth 824 trillion Toads a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 129,412 Toads, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, environmentalists are advocating slash-and-burn in the nation's forests, and the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Toaddia's national animal is the Toad, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Toaddia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Toaddia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Toaddia endorsed The Federal Republic of En Hassik.
- : Toaddia endorsed The Republic of Gliesetonia.
- : Following new legislation in Toaddia, the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events.
- : Following new legislation in Toaddia, environmentalists are advocating slash-and-burn in the nation's forests.
- : Following new legislation in Toaddia, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- : Following new legislation in Toaddia, the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies.
- : Following new legislation in Toaddia, if they thought anyone would listen the older generation would likely say that nobody listens to them any more.
- : Toaddia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of En Hassik.
Endorsements Received: 111 » The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Ahma, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Irminsulia, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, GanymedEuropa, Thracia Republic, The New Nordic Union, Northern German Federation, St Scarlett, South St Maarten, Dark Matter, Feria-Alkaline, Imperium Anglorum, Germany Third Reich, An Clar, Thracia and Crimea, Soviet Krussia, Wombelland, North of Americas, Slavorussia, Cytadela, Regnum Italiae, Jim the Baptist, Supcotia, Outer Sparta, Slavonia and Srijem, Republic of Satherland, Pilipinas and Malaya, Chioganah, Leranditale, Kenmoria WA Mission, Nardin, Purgatio, Soviet Taoistan, The Greater Eastern Republic, Neuchateau, British Norklon, The Wretched of this Earth, Alsted, Lovisa, Mallesia, Walfo, The Mongol Plain, Lord Sapre, Solteur, Bareu, Nuweland, Apollonivm, and 61 others.Dauershire, Bohomo, Prussian-Union, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, The Champions League, Invernessia, Someseni, Chronus, Elisabethshagen, Savinecross, Sloburg, Grodisze, Destyntine, The Seven Provinces, Ausvelt, Abject Ludicrosity, Betasia, Dalmannia, Shaor, The Kingdom of Denmark, Canovium, Northwest Isles, Greater Albaina, Jahass, Sienkahn, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Athens But Better, Yoannes, Meropis, Rivierenland, Crestphalia, The New Mexican Confederation, Enway, Apabeossie, Owlograd, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Trixeland, Kanokla, The Young Ur, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Eski, Zarulia, Eco-Paris Reformation, Valtrona, Mynox, Dorenstad, Super Happy Land, Galway-Dublin, Brakanistan, Othenhiem, Transthysciam, Monte Naranja, Continental Social Democrats, Leszno, Jebatga, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, Maalat, Gliesetonia, and En Hassik.