|Leader||Interim President Matthew MacGally|
The Capitalist Republic of Tomure is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Interim President Matthew MacGally with an even hand, and renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, complete lack of prisons, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 7.654 billion Tomureans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of St Kenmore. The average income tax rate is 77.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Tomurean economy, worth a remarkable 1,004 trillion Denoes a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an impressive 131,204 Denoes, with the richest citizens earning 5.1 times as much as the poorest.
The path to inner peace is paved with state-mandated punishment, when you fly on Air Tomure you win a seat or you die, it's widely agreed that to tennis players love means nothing, and tourists are duped into trimming hedges for the horsy-set. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tomure's national animal is the Fox, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Catholisium.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tomure was endorsed by The Avid Rodent of Malphe II.
- : Tomure was endorsed by The New Combine Order of Aragon AI.
- : Following new legislation in Tomure, tourists are duped into trimming hedges for the horsy-set.
- : Following new legislation in Tomure, it's widely agreed that to tennis players love means nothing.
- : Following new legislation in Tomure, when you fly on Air Tomure you win a seat or you die.
- : Following new legislation in Tomure, the path to inner peace is paved with state-mandated punishment.
- : Tomure was endorsed by The Holy Suspicious Vizier of Lukatonia.
- : Tomure voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Common Territories".
- : Tomure voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Mutually assured destruction".
- : Tomure was endorsed by The Violet Vizier of Valerievna.