The Community of Total Hui is a massive, cultured nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, prohibition of alcohol, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 1.338 billion Total Huians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Spirituality. The average income tax rate is 85.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Total Huian economy, worth 84.3 trillion huys a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, highly specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 63,011 huys, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Awkward tourists are offered the 'unique experience' of rodeo clown, truncheon-mounted cameras record the beating of criminals in dynamic HD detail, people believe that if you teach a man to fish he won't buy fish from you any more, and punk rockers smash it up and then clean it up. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Total Hui's national animal is the bee, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Total Hui's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Total Hui's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Total Hui was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Total Hui ceased to exist in Spiritus.
- : Total Hui was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Total Hui was endorsed by The Republic of Colonalia.
- : Total Hui was endorsed by The Exiled Immortal Empire of Oblitus Terras.
- : Total Hui was endorsed by Psychanautica.
- : Total Hui was endorsed by Taoteching.
- : Total Hui was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.