The Federation of Transvolcanic is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its daily referendums, compulsory military service, and pith helmet sales. The compassionate, democratic population of 417 million Cat-humans or cube humans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Welfare, Defense, and Administration also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Volkansfort. The average income tax rate is 34.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Transvolcanician economy, worth 40.7 trillion Lava balls a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 97,706 Lava balls, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Half of the nation's import/export industry is run from a location known only as 'Dead Man's Cove', mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights, wilderness-dwelling hermits are surprised to find railway stations on their front doorsteps, and cassocked priests and choirboys believe that what happens behind closed doors stays behind closed doors. Crime is totally unknown. Transvolcanic's national animal is the Volcanoes, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Transvolcanic, cassocked priests and choirboys believe that what happens behind closed doors stays behind closed doors.
- : Following new legislation in Transvolcanic, wilderness-dwelling hermits are surprised to find railway stations on their front doorsteps.
- : Following new legislation in Transvolcanic, mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights.
- : Transvolcanic was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Transvolcanic endorsed The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Transvolcanic was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Transvolcanic voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Transvolcanic endorsed The Federal Republic of Isentran.
- : Transvolcanic endorsed The Unified Republican States of Yakkandiania.
- : Transvolcanic was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Isentran.
Endorsements Received: 39 » Republic of Karskarovyt, Valentian Elysium, Northern Nivaria, Free Land of Malopolska, Krystalveil, Wysrod, Histerrion, The Pizza, Nooooooooooooooo, Randopian, Recon Island, New Fania, Coreras, Kuriko, Dustwind, Itic, Ehrgeizig, Ignis Cinere, Evertopia, Noaping, Calrad, Anisopterra, Xemja, Point Comfort Colony, Waitiki, The Republic of Osea, Kachikawawa, PYT, Mat She, Drewish, Zaberaz Hapang, The Galactic RepubIlic, Old Tryst, Namakan, Tamsalin, Lisokyo, Yakkandiania, Isentran, and Bortheria.