The Kingdom of True Despair is a huge, safe nation, notable for its frequent executions and national health service. The hard-nosed, devout population of 723 million True Despairians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Trupair. The average income tax rate is 31.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The True Despairian economy, worth 40.7 trillion euros a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 56,312 euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
The police think a properly conducted criminal investigation is a real pain, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election, the brown bear is protected from hunting and slowly coming back from the brink of extinction, and computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. True Despair's national animal is the brown bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : True Despair was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Loutsland.
- : True Despair was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Kobagia.
- : True Despair was endorsed by The Republic of Zumlandia.
- : True Despair was endorsed by The Republic of Free Azzaca.
- : True Despair was endorsed by The Republic of Ttopa.
- : True Despair was endorsed by The Kingdom of Astrind.
- : True Despair was endorsed by The Principality of Bananaaaaa.
- : Following new legislation in True Despair, computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails.
- : Following new legislation in True Despair, the brown bear is protected from hunting and slowly coming back from the brink of extinction.
- : True Despair endorsed The Click to endorse of 1 very fast endotarter.
Endorsements Received: 87 » Territorio di Nessuno, Corfad, Notyoutopia, Pallaith, The Rhein States, Shibutani, El Fiji Grande, Sinelona, Shin-Hachioji, Alunya, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Yaorozu, Fayyayid, Black Templares, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Great Bights Mum, Omnistria, Sundred, Dreadton, Kasazzastan, North Bratislava, Peldorn, Bayern-Straubing, Koda-Land, Trillius, Joodey, Thiammyalllaland, Q w e r t y, Sil Dorsett, PlanetPunk, Napnomadia, Sunto, Dar es Saalam, Kwaj, Egalico, Uganda Knuckles UK, Sheldanada, Spartoptia, Torakuen, Steampunk Ariel, Acrabinnia, Shadowrik, Test for a new hope, Frances Francis the First of France, Former English Colony, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Lomjia, Sea Ghost, New Pruessen, Valhalla123, and 37 others.Tappan Hills, Ibiscaton, Noahs Second Country, Castle Federation, New Bremerton, Ethnon, Jasminlandia, Analomink, 1 very fast endotarter, Alpinea, Federation Terra Australis, The Black Cathedral, Wineclaw, Elder Realms, Wilkshire, GRANDE IMPERIO ORIENTAL PAGAO EUDUARDO, Ikea Rike, Maott, Justanistan, Guer Aike, Haor Chall, Xentherida, Pasargad, Constantinolia, Ejhsa, Selfgradatude, Loli County, Holy Oranz, Siwale, Aratani, Bananaaaaa, Astrind, Ttopa, Free Azzaca, Zumlandia, Kobagia, and Loutsland.