The Most Serene Republic of Tujunga Tornado is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its punitive income tax rates, suspicion of poets, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 225 million Tujunga Tornadoans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 51.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Tujunga Tornadoan economy, worth 8.00 trillion Torbits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Automobile Manufacturing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 35,549 Torbits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The government is financing an extremely costly war against malaria, kindergartners' favourite dance move is the stop-drop-and-roll, the government has announced its plans to construct a giant weaponised robot-cat, and all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tujunga Tornado's national animal is the Tasmanian Devil, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tujunga Tornado was endorsed by The Holy Islamic Caliphate of Sahriastan.
- : Tujunga Tornado was endorsed by The People's Republic of Capablanca.
- : Tujunga Tornado was endorsed by The Enlightened AI Tsardom of Blyskalia.
- : Tujunga Tornado voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Tujunga Tornado voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Following new legislation in Tujunga Tornado, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras.
- : Tujunga Tornado was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Tujunga Tornado, the government has announced its plans to construct a giant weaponised robot-cat.
- : Following new legislation in Tujunga Tornado, kindergartners' favourite dance move is the stop-drop-and-roll.
- : Tujunga Tornado was endorsed by The Dominion of Outer Shenendoah.
Endorsements Received: 108 » Illusia and Neverendia, Orado, Koda-Land, Hardscrabble, Republica Guilleana, North Bratislava, Lulubellia, Aerilia, Yaorozu, Sil Dorsett, Shibutani, Hamerica, Votak Matim, Former English Colony, Xagill, Svenskskit, The Tampa Bay Rays, Francois Isidore, The Rhein States, Ethnon, Figyjharli, Andexia, Omnistria, Guer Aike, Pasargad, Xentherida, Bankowiata, Siwale, Great Bights Mum, Bharathvarsh, Dreadton, Empy, El Fiji Grande, Dangine, Interdimensional Zone, Defense For The World Assembly, New Lakemba, Zemnaya Svoboda, Territorio di Nessuno, Steampunk Ariel, Religioncord, Cretox State, Kromi, Tyirza, Perikuresu, Corfad, Xyrron, Notyoutopia, Zzozona, Dar es Saalam, and 58 others.Landfinia, Climeria, Yokciq Empire, Selfgradatude, Sikol, Centrialand, Libertania Democratica, Kragsgale, Nagaur, Eri-Maqa-Ena, McMasterdonia, Siforpeo, Pallaith, Valentine Z, Yellops, Travislavania, Planes, Lol2639, Seanat, Sunto, Kranostav, Shadowrik, Aryan Homeland, Tsandonown, Arquan, Vene Gra, Mon Island, Nuronte, Frances Francis the First of France, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, Wilkshire, Libvillia, Super Girl, The Pantheons, Ariele, Greater Ale Permars, Runeda, Sundred, Card Kingdom, Merconitonitopia, Boston Castle, Simone Republic, Kastonvia, Madjack, Ellbonnia, The Mazur Empire, Nodnarb, Wineclaw, Sopernia, Bearical, Unshleepd, Venicea, Muqatil, Que Lukustinardon, Outer Shenendoah, Blyskalia, Capablanca, and Sahriastan.