|Leader||Chairman Sheng-ji Yang|
The Sylvan Hive of Turbeaux is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Chairman Sheng-ji Yang with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, smutty television, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 6.525 billion Transhumans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, corrupt, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nacelle. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Sylvan economy, worth a remarkable 2,599 trillion turbines a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Book Publishing, Soda Sales, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 398,330 turbines, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Pirates armed with sonar-guided semi-autonomous torpedos and laser weapons systems are often seen capturing fishing trawlers, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, the Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters, and bris parties are all the rage. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Turbeaux's national animal is the mind worm, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Quantum Mechanics.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Turbeaux was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, bris parties are all the rage.
- : Turbeaux voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors".
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, the Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters.
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, pirates armed with sonar-guided semi-autonomous torpedos and laser weapons systems are often seen capturing fishing trawlers.
- : Turbeaux was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, a blood-red mark on the doorframe means a building must be passed over for destruction.
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, the nation is stuck in permanent election mode as politicians demand constant do-overs.
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, burglary is widely regarded as the national sport.
Endorsements Received: 77 » Ransium, Canaltia, Ownzone, Candlewhisper Archive, Feladria, Kawastyselir, Cannibaland, Eryndlynd, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Reannia, Chilledsville, Ironic Remarks, Ziotah and Riverside, Frieden-und Freudenland, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Caterasia, Dwardossa, Entitize, Taco Respublic, The Void Territories, Ruinenlust, Forgotten Beauty, Love and Nature, Sacara, Wantevolo, Window Land, Verdant Haven, Cat-Herders United, Edible Plywood, Novian Republics, Artemis, Greyveldt, Ordand, Eaven, Hyon Delta, Plifte, Octopus Islands, Bananaistan, Awhaiti Kaiatu, Bregaria, Lura, Cheloboria, Palos Heights, Kinectia, Tur Ada, Krisylia, Bilsa, Appendia, Blon Gre, Effazio, and 27 others.Girelna, Anachronolandia, Pen Blanityion, Deontologia, New Ladavia, Ashrah, Atsvea, Middle Barael, Tscharva, Pythaga, New Kvenland, Bestburg, Talgarth, Alcantaria, Roless, Shauls, Forestal, Norginlajicratefe, East Stederland, La Merced, Jutsa, Manniskoslaktet, South Wal Saland, Terrabod, Simmer, Julunaphra, and Hoochlandia.