The Republic of Turkenia is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, frequent executions, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 874 million Turkenians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ankara. The average income tax rate is 55.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Turkenian economy, worth 105 trillion lire a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 120,236 lire, with the richest citizens earning 5.4 times as much as the poorest.
The arms industry is strictly regulated, literature classes frequently go on field trips to rock concerts, the countryside is shrouded by wind farms, and replacement organs are grown in vats. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Turkenia's national animal is the Grey wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Turkenia, replacement organs are grown in vats.
- : Turkenia endorsed The Matriarchy of Elania Kingdom.
- : Following new legislation in Turkenia, the countryside is shrouded by wind farms.
- : Turkenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- : Turkenia was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Elania Kingdom.
- : Following new legislation in Turkenia, literature classes frequently go on field trips to rock concerts.
- : Following new legislation in Turkenia, the arms industry is strictly regulated.
- : Following new legislation in Turkenia, small businesses are gobbled up almost daily by corporate giants.
- : Turkenia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Turkenia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
Endorsements Received: 67 » Republic of Satherland, The Seven Provinces, Walfo, Meropis, Saint Domingo, Invernessia, Yahlia, Enway, Abject Ludicrosity, St Scarlett, La Gaulle, Northern German Federation, The New Nordic Union, Thracia Republic, Dark Matter, The New Mexican Confederation, Trixeland, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Elisabethshagen, Kanokla, The Champions League, Destyntine, Jim the Baptist, Irminsulia, Ausvelt, Nova Babilonia, Regnum Italiae, New Eestiball, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Valtrona, Uzbek Khan, North of Americas, Woschia, Christian Terra, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Kyrica, Jebatga, Gliesetonia, Chioganah, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, Stromia, Migurson, Azerbimenia, New Hevania, Mynox, Maalat, En Hassik, Shaor, Nazakhstan Empire, and 17 others.Bareu, Apabeossie, Bohomo, Northwest North Dakota, European Narrra, Sunrice, Danubenia, New Sloverica, Esvonia, Yoannes, R20, Shicksal, Wiener-Neustadt, Outer Sparta, Eco-Paris Reformation, Kase, and Elania Kingdom.