The Most Serene Empire of Tuthina is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Akiyasu with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, ubiquitous missile silos, and parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 19.846 billion subjects of His Most Serene Majesty are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sakan. The average income tax rate is 98.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Imperial economy, worth a remarkable 7,236 trillion Zenis a year, is mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 364,627 Zenis, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,118,971 per year while the poor average 91,912, a ratio of 12.2 to 1.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, Tuthina has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, corporate lawyers are joyfully combing through the new tax code for any new loopholes for their clients, and reports of arson have doubled since the introduction of a privatised fire protection service. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tuthina's national animal is the Crane, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Imperial Cult.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tuthina was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates and the Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Tuthina's influence in Ajax rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Tuthina's influence in Ajax rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Tuthina's influence in Ajax rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Tuthina's influence in Ajax rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Tuthina's influence in Ajax rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Tuthina relocated from The Rejected Realms to Ajax.
- : Tuthina was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Tuthina altered its national flag.
- : Tuthina was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
Endorsements Received: None.