The Commonwealth of Twinkle Jon is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 203 million Twinkle Jonians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.0%.
The very strong Twinkle Jonian economy, worth 15.5 trillion Ties a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Tourism. Average income is 76,113 Ties, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 244,805 per year while the poor average 17,923, a ratio of 13.7 to 1.
Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Twinkle Jon's national animal is the Pigeon.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Twinkle Jon's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Twinkle Jon relocated from Lazarus to The East Pacific.
- : Twinkle Jon's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Twinkle Jon applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Twinkle Jon was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Twinkle Jon ceased to exist in The East Pacific.
- : Twinkle Jon was endorsed by The Parrot Excommunigate of Libertanny.
- : Twinkle Jon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden and the Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Twinkle Jon was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Flying Snow.
- : Twinkle Jon was endorsed by The Artam3vian R3public of Modra.