The Federal Republic of Tyuion is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by DavenicSky with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.869 billion Tyuionians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Artois. The average income tax rate is 67.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Tyuionian economy, worth 238 trillion Zins a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 83,258 Zins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Skateparks can be found in every city, teachers are skilled at leaving no evidence of child cruelty, the police have been known to wiretap confessional boxes, and the beauty of coastal towns is marred only slightly by all the closed-down storefronts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tyuion's national animal is the Orca, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tyuion was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Following new legislation in Tyuion, the beauty of coastal towns is marred only slightly by all the closed-down storefronts.
- : Tyuion was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Tyuion, the police have been known to wiretap confessional boxes.
- : Tyuion was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Tyuion, teachers are skilled at leaving no evidence of child cruelty.
- : Tyuion resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Tyuion was endorsed by The Solar Empire of Kelvaros Prime.
- : Tyuion was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Tyuion was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".