The Democratic Republic of Uldar Union is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Senate with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.249 billion Uldar Unionians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lisboa. The average income tax rate is 96.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Uldar Unionian economy, worth 379 trillion Uriuprings a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 168,702 Uriuprings, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, agriculture is heavily subsidized by the government, older citizens lament over the loss of law and order, and builders across Uldar Union are blocked up with orders for new public loos. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Uldar Union's national animal is the Bee, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Uldar Union, builders across Uldar Union are blocked up with orders for new public loos.
- : Following new legislation in Uldar Union, older citizens lament over the loss of law and order.
- : Following new legislation in Uldar Union, agriculture is heavily subsidized by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Uldar Union, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- : Following new legislation in Uldar Union, raver DJ XStacy holds multiple medical degrees in chillaxing.
- : Following new legislation in Uldar Union, computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails.
- : Following new legislation in Uldar Union, authorities are looking for a stool pigeon to rat out who is stealing food from pigeon toilets.
- : Following new legislation in Uldar Union, hostage-takers offer loyalty scheme points for prompt payment.
- : Uldar Union endorsed The Federal Republic of En Hassik.
- : Uldar Union was endorsed by The Federal Republic of En Hassik.
Endorsements Received: 70 » The Champions League, GanymedEuropa, Imperium Anglorum, Grodisze, Abject Ludicrosity, Ausvelt, Northern German Federation, Elisabethshagen, Yahlia, Invernessia, Saint Domingo, Shaor, Destyntine, Pilipinas and Malaya, Savinecross, Walfo, Someseni, The Seven Provinces, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Irminsulia, St Scarlett, Republic of Satherland, Galway-Dublin, Thracia Republic, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Regnum Italiae, The New Nordic Union, Outer Sparta, Leranditale, Dark Matter, An Clar, North of Americas, Jim the Baptist, The Kingdom of Denmark, Nardin, Jahass, Sloburg, Mons Graupius, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Chioganah, NorthPortugal, Meropis, Rivierenland, Gor Kebab, Prussian-Union, Crestphalia, Trixeland, The New Mexican Confederation, Kanokla, The Young Ur, and 20 others.Kyrica, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Uzbek Khan, Eski, Valtrona, Apabeossie, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Brakanistan, Anskerdank, Enway, Continental Social Democrats, United Communes of Chile, Othenhiem, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, Stromia, Gliesetonia, Bareu, and En Hassik.