The Republic of Uniarq is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, ban on automobiles, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 425 million Uniarqians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Welfare, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fabinho City. The average income tax rate is 56.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Uniarqian economy, worth 31.7 trillion Colas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 74,592 Colas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
There's no cure or sympathy for the common cold, sex education has become an intricate maze of stick figures and complex metaphors, the wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned, and board shorts have replaced board rooms. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Uniarq's national animal is the Tamen, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Uniarq was endorsed by The Confederation of Bellcon.
- : Following new legislation in Uniarq, board shorts have replaced board rooms.
- : Following new legislation in Uniarq, the wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned.
- : Following new legislation in Uniarq, sex education has become an intricate maze of stick figures and complex metaphors.
- : Uniarq was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Uniarq, there's no cure or sympathy for the common cold.
- : Following new legislation in Uniarq, pilots always remember to send their doctors a Maxxmas card.
- : Following new legislation in Uniarq, Super Barry Brothers is the most popular video game in the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Uniarq, the government is a clear-cut case of tyranny by majority.
- : Uniarq voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
Endorsements Received: 72 » North is Better, Trackeendy, Poquaoi, Nesshhinn, Utopian Earth, Desrouleaux, Volkovica, Prosa, Liberepublia, ROFLOLMAO LAND, Mancheseva City, Clialaad, Raghallaigh, Lastovipol, Cortlandt Manor, Gabingston, Purgitz, Emastalia, Saarland-Niederbayern, Aexnidaral, New Peoples Empire, Havenwelle, Pirataria, Troph Evinia, Terra Potestatem, Greelgang, Eloscape, Twilight Ways, Fox-Wolf Unions, Muertio, Lethen, South Eastern Centralia, Igueranel, Islabaggnud, Arvigiel, Betelguesa, Le Libertia, Gooblaria, Genistan, Darizaa, Acapais, The Vereenigde Oostindiche Compagnie, --Neo-America--, Mikkazuki, Illangdonall, Upper Prestina, New Sickled, Volkskam, Serpahima, Caffeinated, and 22 others.The Democratic Peoples, New Sosnowiec, Zintibia, Asian Hatia, Gulibia, Murden, Purple Ruthenia, Ikheria, Chungus World, Lime82, Verteger, Malashaan Colony, The United Peoples of Centrism, Artavart, Sagehills, Deathfall, BigITopia2, Envielle, Zaeka, Brickfield, Kingdom of Stargard, and Bellcon.