The Free Land of Unitoolo is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its rum-swilling pirates, otherworldly petting zoo, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 622 million Unitoolians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Healthcare, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 51.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Unitoolian economy, worth 20.7 trillion temps a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Tourism, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Pizza Delivery. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 33,282 temps, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Red rinses are frequently applied to grey hair, attendance of fathers at PTA meetings is at an all-time high, an aboriginal talking stick is used for leaders' debates at election time, and Occam's razor has sliced to pieces any childhood belief in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. Crime is well under control. Unitoolo's national animal is the Black Sheep, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Unitoolo was endorsed by The Commonwealth of PS Suisse.
- : Unitoolo's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Unitoolo was endorsed by The Queer Confederation of Oh my god it is so hard to find a name.
- : Following new legislation in Unitoolo, Occam's razor has sliced to pieces any childhood belief in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.
- : Following new legislation in Unitoolo, an aboriginal talking stick is used for leaders' debates at election time.
- : Following new legislation in Unitoolo, attendance of fathers at PTA meetings is at an all-time high.
- : Unitoolo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Unitoolo, red rinses are frequently applied to grey hair.
- : Following new legislation in Unitoolo, the government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative.
- : Following new legislation in Unitoolo, counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients.
Endorsements Received: 17 » Proxmire, Dekks, Silverfish37, United Syndicates of Sol, Liossalde, Venovica, Maupedonia, Gallo Republic, Qingling, Mauvemarke, The Pirotian Republic, Inclusus, Silabar, Siriza, Varavano, Oh my god it is so hard to find a name, and PS Suisse.