The Commonwealth of Upper Flanders is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, triple-decker prams, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 347 million Upper Flandersians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 36.2%.
The Upper Flandersian economy, worth 21.7 trillion Flanders a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 62,494 Flanders, with the richest citizens earning 5.5 times as much as the poorest.
Genetic research is temporarily tied up in government red tape, citizens select which government department gets their income tax Flanders each year, billions are being spent on a new island airport, and mechanics are often exhausted by their work. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Upper Flanders's national animal is the Human, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Upper Flanders was endorsed by The Federal Republic of BuciLand.
- : Upper Flanders was endorsed by The ENDORSE LIBERTANNY of The Atlae Isles.
- : Upper Flanders's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Upper Flanders was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Upper Flanders voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
- : Upper Flanders voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Following new legislation in Upper Flanders, mechanics are often exhausted by their work.
- : Following new legislation in Upper Flanders, billions are being spent on a new island airport.
- : Following new legislation in Upper Flanders, citizens select which government department gets their income tax Flanders each year.
- : Following new legislation in Upper Flanders, genetic research is temporarily tied up in government red tape.
Endorsements Received: 23 » VW53Aland, Lingu, Zukchiva, H-Zhena, Brotherland, Todd McCloud, Liberstankonia, Staynes, The Three States of Fortuna, Asendavia, Tretrid, Ridann, Philville2, The Eternal Land of Jong, Evrigenis, Oofery, Mays Austrian Nation, Technocratic Tagalog, Modra, Libertanny, A mean old man, The Atlae Isles, and BuciLand.