The Community of V3rmont is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Bernie Sanders with a fair hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, keen interest in outer space, and otherworldly petting zoo. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 3.265 billion V3rmontians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, corrupt, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Montpelier. The average income tax rate is 4.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient V3rmontian economy, worth 640 trillion Burlingtons a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Soda Sales, and Tourism. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 196,176 Burlingtons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
The government is a law unto itself, royalist is the most offensive slur in the V3rmontian language, the nation's historic treasures have been sold off to Maxtopia's "Museum of V3rmontian Artifacts That They're Too Stupid to Appreciate", and pre-schoolers who draw stick figures of their favorite celebrities are sued for infringing image rights. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. V3rmont's national animal is the Squid Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Syrup.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : V3rmont's influence in Third Imperial Union fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- : V3rmont's influence in Third Imperial Union fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".
- : V3rmont lodged a message on the Third Imperial Union Regional Message Board.
- : V3rmont voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : V3rmont voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Sovereign Justice Accord".
- : V3rmont endorsed The People's Republic of Nouvelle-Zeland.
- : V3rmont's influence in Third Imperial Union fell from "Ambassador" to "Diplomat".
- : V3rmont's influence in Third Imperial Union fell from "Negotiator" to "Ambassador".
- : V3rmont was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Kholynia.
- : V3rmont's influence in Third Imperial Union fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".