|Capital||The Three Capitals|
|Currency||Vraille and Válti|
The Ladyship of Valassyria is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Unknown with an iron fist, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, state-planned economy, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.876 billion Old Valassyriens are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Three Capitals. The average income tax rate is 87.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Old Valassyrien economy, worth 400 trillion Vraille and Váltis a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 139,241 Vraille and Váltis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
National stress about the waning heir-line is causing a rise in alopecia, Old Valassyrien watches list strained wrists as a common side effect, endocrinology is a rapidly growing field of study, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Valassyria's national animal is the Vyndrille, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Valassyria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Valassyria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed and the Top 10% for Largest Black Market.
- : Valassyria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : The Republic of Al Dira appointed Valassyria as General Admin/Moderator with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Xedas.
- : Valassyria was endorsed by The Kingdom of Stoney Shores.
- : Valassyria was endorsed by The Republic of Even Bagger.
- : The Armed Republic of Perfect Perplexity dismissed Valassyria as General Regional Moderator of Xedas.
- : Valassyria published "The Valassyrien Nation" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Following new legislation in Valassyria, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- : Valassyria's influence in Xedas rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
Endorsements Received: None.