|Capital||The Three Capitals|
|Currency||Vraille and Válti|
The Ladyship of Valassyria is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Unknown with an iron fist, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, anti-smoking policies, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 4.162 billion Old Valassyriens are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Three Capitals. The average income tax rate is 88.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Old Valassyrien economy, worth 578 trillion Vraille and Váltis a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 138,982 Vraille and Váltis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
National stress about the waning heir-line is causing a rise in alopecia, Old Valassyrien watches list strained wrists as a common side effect, endocrinology is a rapidly growing field of study, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Valassyria's national animal is the Vyndrille, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Valassyria's influence in Xedas fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- : Valassyria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Valassyria published "Overview of Azhura" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Valassyria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Valassyria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens and Largest Black Market.
- : Valassyria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement and Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Valassyria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry and Most Efficient Economies.
- : Valassyria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Valassyria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Valassyria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry and Most Corrupt Governments.
Endorsements Received: None.