The Republic of Valtavi is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 564 million Valtavians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Valtavia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 54.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Valtavian economy, worth 66.0 trillion Valts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 116,987 Valts, with the richest citizens earning 6.2 times as much as the poorest.
Fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, promising seven years of bad luck leads to seven years of community service, the military maintains a fierce arsenal of 'Cure Missiles', and mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Valtavi's national animal is the Pufferfish, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Valtavi, mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance.
- : Following new legislation in Valtavi, the military maintains a fierce arsenal of 'Cure Missiles'.
- : Following new legislation in Valtavi, promising seven years of bad luck leads to seven years of community service.
- : Following new legislation in Valtavi, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend.
- : Following new legislation in Valtavi, the fire brigade often deal with cases of burnt toast.
- : Following new legislation in Valtavi, "To Hell or to Marshland" is a common settler cry directed at native Brasilistanis.
- : Valtavi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry and Rudest Citizens.
- : Valtavi endorsed The Federal Republic of Isentran.
- : Following new legislation in Valtavi, Brasilistan has been announced as the nation's newest colony.
- : Following new legislation in Valtavi, the government tells its citizens to 'forgive and forget'.
Endorsements Received: 28 » The Galactic American Imperium, The Soylent Green Party, Pianaville, S Mova Derat, United States of Island land, Namakan, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Krystalveil, Tierra de Platanos, Wischland, Clialaad, Killettland, Tbone Steak, Samonaemia, Testa, The Indian Royalty, Ilfarasia, Capea, Maconshinbernititte, Mauryana, Silvedania, Saint Islaw Wra, Alemputo, Kachikawawa, Northern Nivaria, Sainte Marie du Mont, Grimmywelsh, and Isentran.