The Federal Republic of Vaxn is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Lev Sayge-Lavin with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.772 billion Vaxnis are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sterkinsk. The average income tax rate is 68.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Vaxn economy, worth 373 trillion zoltshas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Retail. Average income is 99,058 zoltshas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, government officials go door-to-door educating about the dangers of pseudoscience, and radio stations offer prizes to callers who can guess this month's most endangered species. Crime is totally unknown. Vaxn's national animal is the red eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vaxn's influence in Iveagh fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Dealmaker".
- : Vaxn's influence in Iveagh rose from "Instigator" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Vaxn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Vaxn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Vaxn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs and Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Vaxn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality, Longest Average Lifespans, and Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Vaxn changed its national motto to "Onward Vaxn".
- : Vaxn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Vaxn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Vaxn's influence in Iveagh rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Republic of Tina Weirather.