The Empire of Velion is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Zebith with an iron fist, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, ubiquitous missile silos, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 7.459 billion Velionians are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of IronWolf. The average income tax rate is 84.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Velionian economy, worth a remarkable 1,670 trillion Crekuchings a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 223,921 Crekuchings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway, Velionians incessantly needle their doctors for relief, conspiracy theorists allege IronWolf's new subway map resembles Satanic symbols, and the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Velion's national animal is the Timber Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Velion was endorsed by The Stellaris empire of Xenmor.
- : Velion was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Velion voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Embassy"".
- : Following new legislation in Velion, the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare.
- : Velion was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Following new legislation in Velion, conspiracy theorists allege IronWolf's new subway map resembles Satanic symbols.
- : Following new legislation in Velion, Velionians incessantly needle their doctors for relief.
- : Following new legislation in Velion, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway.
- : Following new legislation in Velion, government fact-checkers use surprising amounts of high explosive.
- : Following new legislation in Velion, the breathalyser pledge is a traditional part of marriages in Velion.
Endorsements Received: 21 » Voopmont, Dabberwocky, Belke, The New United Socialist Random Empire, Aidviet Union, Voopiria, Riptaria, The Narwhalian Republic of the North, Coryanhafflaruda, Empire of Dunist, Colendia, Nagolronnoc, Federated Communes of Cygnus X-1, Zoidia, Greater Roman Italy, The Almighty Space Dragons, Orasil, Bohachia, Cevlaia, Voopigrad, and Xenmor.