|Leader||Protectorate Pika Paquet|
The Liberal Tropical Emirates of Velkia and the Islands is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Protectorate Pika Paquet with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, free-roaming dinosaurs, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 22.663 billion Velkia Islanders love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Social Policy, Environment, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Four Corners. The average income tax rate is 95.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Velkian economy, worth a remarkable 5,747 trillion Crowns a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 253,588 Crowns, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
3D printed organs are a breath of new life for the sick and elderly, a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Velkian politicians, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, and the Finance Ministry posts hourly updates on where taxpayer money is spent. Crime is totally unknown. Velkia and the Islands's national animal is the Breegull, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Velkia and the Islands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Velkia and the Islands was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Velkia and the Islands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Velkia and the Islands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Salaxalans".
- : Velkia and the Islands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Standards On Police Accountability".
- : Velkia and the Islands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities".
- : Velkia and the Islands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Vandoosa"".
- : Velkia and the Islands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Language and Education Rights for Deaf Individuals".
- : Velkia and the Islands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Iran"".
- : Velkia and the Islands was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
Endorsements Received: 36 » Eryndlynd, Ruinenlust, Frieden-und Freudenland, Candlewhisper Archive, Ransium, Feladria, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Caterasia, Dwardossa, Canaltia, Reannia, Turbeaux, The New Bluestocking Homeland, The Cypher Nine, Ironic Remarks, Verdant Haven, Window Land, Cat-Herders United, Novian Republics, Edible Plywood, Entitize, Ordand, Hyon Delta, Lura, Palos Heights, Cheloboria, Appendia, Pen Blanityion, Groenwald, Burkhai, Effazio, Anachronolandia, Atsvea, Tscharva, McClandia Doge 2, and Blon Gre.