The Empire of Velly is a very large, genial nation, notable for its compulsory military service, enslaved workforce, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 132 million Vellyians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Spirituality. The average income tax rate is 27.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Vellyian economy, worth 6.31 trillion rupees a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Pizza Delivery, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 47,805 rupees, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees, gambling is outlawed, the nation's atlases tend to go out of date every few weeks, and dealers go from pushing drugs to pushing up daisies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Velly's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Velly was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Kobagia.
- : Following new legislation in Velly, dealers go from pushing drugs to pushing up daisies.
- : Velly was endorsed by The Republic of Zumlandia.
- : Velly endorsed The Republic of Free Azzaca.
- : Following new legislation in Velly, the nation's atlases tend to go out of date every few weeks.
- : Following new legislation in Velly, gambling is outlawed.
- : Following new legislation in Velly, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees.
- : Following new legislation in Velly, pictures of government employees with expensive Pearbooks 'working' on exotic beaches dominate local tabloids.
- : Following new legislation in Velly, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers.
- : Velly was endorsed by The Principality of Sil Dorsett.
Endorsements Received: 89 » The Backwardest Nation You Know, East Supple Lund, Shin-Hachioji, Alunya, Fayyayid, Territorio di Nessuno, Sheldanada, Shadowrik, Uganda Knuckles UK, Trillius, Great Bights Mum, Loutsland, Omnistria, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Sundred, Kwaj, Wilkshire, Test for a new hope, Egalico, Corfad, Napnomadia, Dar es Saalam, Bayern-Straubing, El Fiji Grande, Kasazzastan, North Bratislava, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Loli County, Frances Francis the First of France, Peldorn, Notyoutopia, Elder Realms, Pallaith, Torakuen, Former English Colony, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Sinelona, Shibutani, Steampunk Ariel, Sea Ghost, The Rhein States, Lomjia, Yaorozu, New Pruessen, Koda-Land, Valhalla123, Tappan Hills, Dreadton, Thiammyalllaland, GRANDE IMPERIO ORIENTAL PAGAO EUDUARDO, and 39 others.Ibiscaton, Noahs Second Country, New Bremerton, Black Templares, Sunto, Spartoptia, PlanetPunk, Ethnon, Castle Federation, Acrabinnia, Jasminlandia, Q w e r t y, 1 very fast endotarter, Alpinea, Liechtenstein II, Federation Terra Australis, The Black Cathedral, Wineclaw, North Altatude, Ikea Rike, Maott, Justanistan, Guer Aike, Haor Chall, Xentherida, Pasargad, Constantinolia, Ejhsa, Holy Oranz, Siwale, Aratani, Selfgradatude, Astrind, Ttopa, Joodey, Free Azzaca, Sil Dorsett, Zumlandia, and Kobagia.