The Calmunist Spacecat Haven of Velnotia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Damek Latermorolva with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 10.729 billion Velnotians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Utociste. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 68.6%.
The strong Velnotian economy, worth 691 trillion Pentes a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 64,479 Pentes, with the richest citizens earning 9.1 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians who vacation in East Lebatuck lose their jobs upon their return, no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed, the single fish caught by Velnotian fishers last year is cited as evidence of Velnotia's thriving fisheries, and they say that Velnotians made a dessert and called it peace. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Velnotia's national animal is the Spacecat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Velnotia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Velnotia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced and Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Velnotia's influence in Anteria fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- : The People's Republic of Zhengan renamed the office held by Velnotia from "Chief Justice" to "Director of Justice" in Anteria.
- : Velnotia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments and Largest Populations.
- : Velnotia's influence in Anteria fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Velnotia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Velnotia's influence in Anteria rose from "Zero" to "Envoy".
- : Velnotia altered its national flag.
- : Velnotia relocated from Lazarus to Anteria.