|Leader||Supreme Leader Ken|
The Socialist Republic of Vennon is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Supreme Leader Ken with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 6.678 billion Vennans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vex. The average income tax rate is 73.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Vennan economy, worth 713 trillion Credits a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 106,784 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Genetic research is temporarily tied up in government red tape, roadside walls are being built and mother nature is paying for it, teenagers sit around on their butts all day, and muscular women are banned from competing in sporting competitions. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vennon's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vennon voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Salaxalans".
- : Vennon voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Standards On Police Accountability".
- : Following new legislation in Vennon, muscular women are banned from competing in sporting competitions.
- : Following new legislation in Vennon, teenagers sit around on their butts all day.
- : Vennon endorsed The Shahdom of Siriza.
- : Vennon endorsed The Democratic Republic of Upper Chult.
- : Vennon was endorsed by The Queer Confederation of Oh my god it is so hard to find a name.
- : Vennon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Vennon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Vennon was endorsed by The Shahdom of Siriza.
Endorsements Received: 18 » Proxmire, Liossalde, Dekks, Maoux, Venovica, Zenthen Isles, Ezechard, Yootan, Gallo Republic, Dyasiabelsk, Maupedonia, Qingling, Mauvemarke, The Pirotian Republic, Upper Chult, Varavano, Siriza, and Oh my god it is so hard to find a name.