|Faith||The Natural Sciences|
The United Communes of Verketa is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Ser'at Akal with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, otherworldly petting zoo, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.171 billion Verketans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vakt. The average income tax rate is 97.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Verketan economy, worth a remarkable 1,009 trillion Vas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 163,562 Vas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government funds large training centres to turn Daegars into functioning members of society, people say chess victor Ser'at Akal can kill you with mind-bullets, the government is hungry to spread communism beyond the nation's borders, and every week is blindness awareness week. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Verketa's national animal is the Daegar, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Natural Sciences.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Verketa, every week is blindness awareness week.
- : Following new legislation in Verketa, the government is hungry to spread communism beyond the nation's borders.
- : Following new legislation in Verketa, people say chess victor Ser'at Akal can kill you with mind-bullets.
- : Verketa was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport and the Top 5% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Following new legislation in Verketa, the government funds large training centres to turn Daegars into functioning members of society.
- : Following new legislation in Verketa, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas.
- : Following new legislation in Verketa, every spring railroad foundations erode to reveal human remains.
- : Following new legislation in Verketa, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
- : Following new legislation in Verketa, debates on whether toilet seats should be left up or down are increasingly commonplace.
- : Following new legislation in Verketa, the nation is known abroad mostly for its Parliamentary antics.
Endorsements Received: 107 » H-Zhena, Aelitia, A Slanted Black Stripe, Riveraland, Solestia, Wiranath, Kampf Empire, Ver Norge, Squid Ruinosa, Drunken Seal Islands, ReeK, Bachtendekuppen, Adolanta, Republic of Berzerkistan, The Sacred Whale, The Almighty Country, Blazing Samaritan, Freedom Fascists, Am Echad, The Empire of Rijelv, Federated States of Zootron, Bacon Land, Trimmania, Unified Republic of America, Izonno, New Leganes, Ravendi, Todd McCloud, Ridann, Elejamie, Servants of Gizmo, Kaigi, Dark Edgyness, Brotherland, Kangarawa, Arkantis, Lanagon, Lyontisia, Dragonia, Wizardonia, Axdel, Danesopia, Unger under over, Danelaw Scandinavia, Soirwren, Tshana, Kyrtizhan, Furnifold, Sansangra, Survivoristan, and 57 others.Davinhia, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Hizuru, Bullpups, Galve, Elkenian, Wanabe, Agonya, The Romanum Legio, Packilvania, Wendelandia, British Calradia, Fedele, YahYahYah, Dpispitir, Roissyland, The Happian Union, Tim Stark, Dreshand, Shavara, Thyaclinia, Areast, Fraxhemark, Merlovich, Davelands, Gorbastan, Neruch, Socialist Holy American Empire, The Angel of Charity, Superior Indonesia, Janoobi Jazair, BearStackof2015, VW53Aland, Someseni, Talitoa, Just Vale 2, Norport, Dyonisistan, Tree Egg, Stellar Colonies, Ska Hydorordia, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Justice-Becoming, VoyKovie, Marrico, Kingdom of Pars, Kilkire, Aleister, CheeseBurrito, Funkadelia, Babcocia, The United Neo American Union, Sreneck, Rhealaliit, Opossum Slayer, Pura Mente, and Greater Felter.