The Eternal Paradise of Verteger is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Mister Verteger with an even hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, ban on automobiles, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed population of 2.524 billion Vertegerians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gran Verteger. The average income tax rate is 70.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Vertegerian economy, worth 72.8 trillion vergs a year, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 28,862 vergs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Untold millions of vergs are going into a new government-funded maternity leave scheme, whales in captivity live in little more than glorified goldfish bowls, the government insists that bizarre Lilliputian language game shows were made domestically, and the government burgles the houses of holidaying citizens. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Verteger's national animal is the worg, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Verteger resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Verteger voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Mikeswill".
- : Verteger was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Verteger voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Wartime Journalism Protection Act".
- : Verteger was endorsed by The Golden Mickey Mouse Republic of Disney Know it Alls.
- : Verteger was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Blaniotid.
- : Verteger was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Verteger was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Kroll Union.
- : Verteger was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Kingdom of Stargard.
- : Verteger was endorsed by The Adventurous Republic of Union Lysk.