The Borderlands of Vexyn is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 396 million Vexynians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Academy City. The average income tax rate is 49.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Vexynian economy, worth 32.9 trillion Memes a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 83,096 Memes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Anti-government web sites are springing up, new government leaflets tell coeliac children to eat more crisps, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves, and citizens have to dodge their neighbors' drones while getting the morning paper. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vexyn's national animal is the kawai cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Vexyn, citizens have to dodge their neighbors' drones while getting the morning paper.
- : Following new legislation in Vexyn, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves.
- : Following new legislation in Vexyn, new government leaflets tell coeliac children to eat more crisps.
- : Following new legislation in Vexyn, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : Following new legislation in Vexyn, Vexynian tourists are encouraged to hand out spare condoms to locals while on vacation.
- : Vexyn was endorsed by The Federation of Nyxonia.
- : Following new legislation in Vexyn, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home.
- : Following new legislation in Vexyn, graverobbers claim they're acting within the interest of 'scientific preservation'.
- : Following new legislation in Vexyn, access to the woods is only granted to those who bring a small shrubbery.
- : Following new legislation in Vexyn, the national security service are a bunch of crooks.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Marinho Islands, Aidenfieeld, Tepertopia, Corgitopiaa, Concrete Slab, Holota, PenguinPies, Amerion, Jehenna, Qvait, Purple Hyacinth, Erinor, Crystal Creation, Land Without Shrimp, Tsunamy, Bawkie, Treir, Bleakfoot, Westenhald, Nowa Europa, Freavia, Belschaft, Blondiesland, Volaworand, Beepee, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Canmore, Ebonhand, Wehraboos, Ceutalia, Scu Greinne, LadyRebels, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Lyland, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Kaoia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, JavaSiege, Rebel-topia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Aumeltopia, Farengeto, Kaleidescooptopia, Astiaveth, Rhetiaa, Tsvetania, Auphelia, Beblahbleblo, Eastern Mekong, Agletgreenia, and 20 others.Fighting Kawi Ninja, Freedoom, Solanosco, Galebland, Danily, Ipugao, Esfalsa, Holy Free, Vicken, The Kies, New Sanet, Arvan Irawer, The American Anarchist Empire, Kiani, Bizzie, Anatasha, United States of Belvaria, Northern Estrian Islands, Osheiga, and Nyxonia.